• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0L engine combo terminology

been doing more reading than fixing. :shrug:

so nobody else thought that guy was harsh?

welcome to the world of CEG. You need a thick skin here to survive....once you do that, the better off you will be.

A full 3.0L arguably gives you the most power/easiest to drive and easy to make...but can be the ugliest looking :laugh:

Hybrids--no one does these any more now that we have Bugazi plates for porting out the heads. Simply too much work...all the other builds are easier and cheaper to do.

The port matched engine is easy to do, makes good power, looks good.

A full 3.0L arguably gives you the most power/easiest to drive and easy to make...but can be the ugliest looking :laugh:

engine.jpg

Oh god the horror! Its so terribly hideous!

Hmm your right its backwards. Oh well he'll find out sooner or later.

I'll have post my beautiful ovalport engine in a few days

welcome to the world of CEG. You need a thick skin here to survive....once you do that, the better off you will be.

Hybrids--no one does these any more now that we have Bugazi plates for porting out the heads. Simply too much work...all the other builds are easier and cheaper to do.

The port matched engine is easy to do, makes good power, looks good.

Why do you say a full 3L is easier to drive? Just curious

It's not, so ignore that statement. A full 3L should have more mid range than a ported 3L so technically you could say it may have more torque steer making it more difficult to drive. It somewhat depends on the cams you end up using (SVT = high end power, 3L = midrange). You can run SVT or 3L cams in any build type though. Swapping in SVT cams is a pain and the 3L cams are generally better for daily driving anyway so I've normally stuck with 3L cams.

As blackcoog says, the full 3l has more midrange torque,

so when i read that, i take from it, that you don't have to change from 5th to 4th or 3rd to 2nd to accelerate because the full three liter has the grunt at lower rev.s to accelerate without changing up a gear ....G.

Back