• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blu's 1995 Contour SE 3L build thread

Glad you went with stock clutch, totally no need for anything more. Pedal feeling makes a big difference with comfort and mainly, traffic. I made over 300chp on an organic disk without issue, burned it out doing a bumper battle in the snow with a turbodesiel truck. When I let people drive either of my cars its a pretty big •••••show now as I have a different clutch in the Audi now.

^ agree - I just need a functioning daily driver type clutch. I will take it a little easier on this OEM SVT clutch so I can get more than 25k miles out of it. No more trying to race people with my trailer hooked up, ha!

Update!

*7-8-15
Car = 255,855 Miles
Motor = 62,775 Miles
Stock Trans = 62,698Miles
FORD SVT OEM clutch kit = 12,942 Miles*

Little bit of an over heating problem since VIR. I have a new OEM thermostat and water pump to go in as well as a SVT radiator and new OEM ac condenser. Just need to make time to get it in.

Car still runs and drives real nice and having an OEM clutch feels great.

Sorry for the dead picture links. Photobucket wants $400 to upgrade my account. Nope.

No update since 2015?!?!?!?!?

Man, I'm slacking.

Here are the best numbers I can put down. Having a dead odometer I have to use my GPS and add the mileage to my previous total. Looks to be about 9,514 miles driven since 2015. Try to daily drive it on dry days in the summer as much as I can.

4-10-19
Car = 265,369 Miles
Motor = 72,289 Miles
Stock Trans - 72,212 Miles
FORD SVT OEM clutch kit = 22,456 Miles

Still chasing down the cooling fan issue. Burned up the passenger fan last year and the SVT radiator and fans were just installed last week. Wideband O2 sensor and gauge also hooked up and mounted in the change pocket. Speedo still doesn't work most of the time but there are days that it will read again for a little while.

New AC condenser and ac line fill ports were replaced, system recharged. AC worked great last year, now nothing again..... Yay. Also last year, front bumper and mirko were removed, repaired, and repainted. New OEM fogs installed. New OEM chrome Ford Racing SVT Focus 17's and tires. Rear brake pads. Ford Racing pillar gauges (oil pressure, volts, coolant temp). Carbon fiber IMRC cover. LED front amber running/blinker bulbs and LED rear red tail/blinker bulbs with resistors.

Attachments

• IMG_3595.JPG
    IMG_3595.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Thank you. Putting less miles on it helps a lot for keeping it 'nice'. Get moving on your project, summer is just about here.

finally getting close to building mine. I had to check in and see how your stock clutch is holding up seeing that I'm about to buy one. Thanks for the updates. Long live the CSVT.

Thanks for checking it out! Still a blast to drive. I no longer have a cooling fan issue and the AC is ice cold. Really no running/driving issues. Suspension is clunky and worn out but I don't really feel like dealing with it.
:cool::cool:

Back