• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Split port LIM adapter availability

JamieT

New CEG'er
Hi,

I've seen mentioning of a dual-port to oval port LIM adapter - are these still available? If so which vendors should I look at.

For background, I am fitting a Jaguar AJ30 3.0 V6 (close relation of the Duratec 3.0 V6) to a Mk1 Eunos Roadster (aka Miata) and am looking at upper inlet manifold options. Attached is a photo I found of one from Nautilus Performance Group way back in 2013.

I'm hoping to use the UK ST200 ("SVT") UIM as space in the engine bay is tight and it is lower profile than the alternatives (eg ST220 UIM).

Thanks,
Jamie.

Attachments

• photo18407.jpg
    photo18407.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1
If you really want a 2.5 UIM on your 3.0 LIM, youre best bet is probably to make your own adapters or see if you can find a local machine shop who will do it.
You could contact Nautilus to see if they will still make a set on demand but the pricing on those was ridiculous which is why nobody bought them.

The more common way that this community achieves the same result is by port-matching the heads using Bugzuki plates as a guide. We dont use the Jag motors so your in slightly uncharted territory but I'm guessing they probably have the same overall architecture so it should probably work.
https://www.newcougar.org/forums/3-0...-matching.html
The port matching procedure looks barbaric on the surface but its been done many many times in this community with good results.

Will you be using the Jag transmission as well?

Back