• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

..What to do.

Beans

Addicted CEG'er
Well I'm trying decide on purchasing a SVTC, my problem is that the guy selling it blew up the original motor, not knowing anything about the car he put a SE 2.5 in it, and slapped a SVT UIM on top. Se cams ,se injectors, ect. ect.

I do not want to be sporting that engine.

SO i'm trying to figure out what kind of 3L i want to slap in, I don't want to put a full 3L i think that is just plain lazy, but on the other hand i really don't want to go looking around for SVT parts ,Injectors, cams ,intake manifolds ect.

I suppose I'm asking for suggestions? What would you do?

He had to use the SVT LIM with the SVT fuel rail, injectors and all because the car would be running quite a bit lean with the SE injectors. I would go for a 3L with SVT cams and intake manifolds, so basically, all you will really need from an SVT is the cams to put in the 3L if your using a longblock 3.0.

You are in the right state if you need help with a 3.0 swap, that's for sure! I know you have been around here for awhile, but don't overpay for a SVT with a SE heart! If it is a great deal and the body/interior is good, then go for it!

Good luck.

He had to use the SVT LIM with the SVT fuel rail, injectors and all because the car would be running quite a bit lean with the SE injectors. I would go for a 3L with SVT cams and intake manifolds, so basically, all you will really need from an SVT is the cams to put in the 3L if your using a longblock 3.0.

You are in the right state if you need help with a 3.0 swap, that's for sure! I know you have been around here for awhile, but don't overpay for a SVT with a SE heart! If it is a great deal and the body/interior is good, then go for it!

Good luck.
I think the car is running lean, he went to go get the CEL codes and its all emissions stuff.

..and i believe it to be a non-svt LIM because it has white injectors?

Thanks.

Last edited:
ill do the swap for you if you would like. ive had mine done for quite a while and i wouldnt charge much of anything. by the way is it silver?

hey well i just did my full 3.0 swap and yeah lazy but i had to fab a lot of stuff .. fuel rail, T.B. bracket, vac lines( Still figuring out how to get my breakes).. and the motor mount not really that lazy just didn't want to get into the cams and stuff without help or knowledge .. but it runs great and drives good but stopping is the pita for me .. well if you need the cams i got em cheap and uim/lim/fuel rail tooo..... just pm me

buy all these items listed and all the parts needed and i am willing to show you the ropes. maybe reebs would wanna help too. we both have 3L's, but mine is forged. maybe it could become a livonia/plymouth meet or something while building a 3L

ill do the swap for you if you would like. ive had mine done for quite a while and i wouldnt charge much of anything. by the way is it silver?

Yep.

I'm glad i have support, I think i'll sleep on it, and depending on if the guy will accept my offer.

well if its silver and in westland or near there it might be a kid i used to hangout with. its been in 2 accidents, and a se motor with the svt upper. it used to have a body kit but he changed it back his name was john.

well if its silver and in westland or near there it might be a kid i used to hangout with. its been in 2 accidents, and a se motor with the svt upper. it used to have a body kit but he changed it back his name was john.

Its not that car :blackeye: That car's wheels are ugg as fugg

1. Pick up a low mileage 3L Oval Port from LKQ or the like.
2. Get the LIM being made from Nautilus
3. Use the 2.5 SVT UIM that you said the car has.
4. Find either SVT injectors, or 24# Taurus injectors and get a tune from Warmonger :)

5. (optional) pick up a set of SVT cams.

6. Enjoy :cool:

Back