• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Duratec/Cyclone 35 Swap

Swami

CEG'er
Forget practicality. Pretend someone had a boatload of money to waste, what would it take to successfully put a 3.5 V6 into a Contour SVT?

Forget practicality. Pretend someone had a boatload of money to waste, what would it take to successfully put a 3.5 V6 into a Contour SVT?

Would have to change the ECU, wiring harness to the engine, transmission, engine, all sensors SRS controller, body control module, have custom driveshafts built, and a bunch of other stuff to make it work. The Cyclone V6 and transmission are designed for a newer car, which has everything different electrically on the car that is monitored by the ECU. Have to re engineer the Contour, which is a lot of work.

More like a year. A lot of re engineering and fabrication to do. Motor mounts are different in position, and location, they would have to be made, and designed from scratch. Wiring it would take a month alone.

Perhaps a 2017 Fusion Sport with twin turbo 2.7 Ecoboost producing 380 ft/lbs of torque! Would prefer a lighter car though...

Last edited:
Save your pennies and buy a Focus RS, way more fun, no fabricating or wrenching needed.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/rs/

I'd love to find a wrecked focus RS..(money being no object) and make a AWD turbo tour.. I bet that 2.3t would be a hell of alot easier to swap over into a contour on size alone..

Then trying to get "painless" wiring to make u something to actually run it.. would be the trouble..But If I ever had the chance.. I'd donate my svt to that..

Back