• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Building a 3.0 Duratec in the UK

Joey Got a batch of them from ARP. I believe he still has them in stock. It's not in ARP's catalog anymore, but it seems they'll still provide them to shops ordering batches of them.

I use clevite bearings and ARP studs and bolts.

I use Arrow forged rods, good for 3 times what you plan to run power wise and I rev the engine to 8000rpm... I have seen the xpower ones and the guy is pretty local to me but not seen them yet so can't comment if they are up to the job.

What a people using for Main and Big end bearings, I have a set of Clevite "A" bearings been told that the tri metal "P" bearings are obsolete

Looked at King bearings but they don't make a competition bearing for this engine

Andygtt can you tell me what grade of Clevite bearings you use

Im actually not sure... i have previously run the stock ford bearing so they can't be bad although that was when i only revd to 7000rpm ish... must admit i wasn't aware there was more than 1 grade of clevlite ones available for the engine.

should be an awesome engine once you are done.... how much room do you have under the engine bay? I've just developed this, hope to dyno it over the winter to see hat gains it made on my low boost actuator pressure.

IMG_5395_zpsjtcrs9fa.jpg

14B9B478-5975-46EF-A60E-B215F638D5D5_zpscrgcm8bb.jpg

F5756147-956C-4BA4-A0A5-50B183AFD0F1_zpsyrolm3az.jpg

No Title

Andy simple answer is no room in fact we will have to go Promod and come through the bonnet

Going to run shorter trumpets in the final build with one large foam filter to cover all the intakes

Attachments

• photo17124.jpg
    photo17124.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 1
Back