No announcement yet.

Building a 3.0 Duratec in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a turbocharged 3.0L V6 the stock ford head bolts and mains have been fine and reliable, always fit upgraded rod bolts though.... I run a arp stud kit on the heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete M View Post

Individual throttle bodies, my choices are 45mm, 48mm or 50mm again your comments would be appreciated
      http://www.jenvey.co.uk/products2/th...ody-kit-ckfd12

Dry sump system Ford/Jaguar V6 3 stage
      http://www.paceproducts.co.uk/pumps-...dry-sump-kits/

Clevite bearings
      ARP Head and Main bearing studs

Forged Con Rods, not decided on make yet there is a UK company producing them but seem a little expensive
      http://www.arrowprecision.com/connec...uar-30ltr.html
      I am developing ITB for my engine currently as am moving to DBW, mine is charged and running silly power so I have gone for 50mm units. I looked at Jenvey but the conversion is 2k so I decided to design my own. This is a prelim mock up on my dummy engine, i will quickly progress this over the next month or so as I want them on the car ready for mapping in April.

I looked a dry sump system but instead designed a new wet sump with large wings and baffles and trap doors, I have a motec ecu and log the oil pressure and it has eliminated oil surve completely, some of us run 305mm slicks and compete in the GT3 series so its well proven now and half the money the dry sump is.

I use clevite bearings and ARP studs and bolts.

I use Arrow forged rods, good for 3 times what you plan to run power wise and I rev the engine to 8000rpm... I have seen the xpower ones and the guy is pretty local to me but not seen them yet so can't comment if they are up to the job.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and information, would you have any more details of the wet sump you are using possibly a couple of pictures

Peter

Comment

Well it's been a while but things are finally coming together

Brand new engine purchased

Jenvey 45mm throttle bodies and manifolds purchased

Finally got a Pace dry sump system purchased

Clevite Mains and Big bearings purchased

Decided on Arrow rods purchased

Pistons are coming from JE ordered and paid for

Heads CNC ported done awaiting valve springs

Cams and valve springs will be Piper 320 non VVT

Struggling for ARP Main studs, hylix can you help, NPG emails not working

Will post pictures when I start building

Comment

Spoke to Joey on the phone today from NPG, what a nice guy

ARP Main Studs sorted, not many parts left to find

Comment

Originally posted by Pete M View Post

ARP Main Studs sorted, not many parts left to find
              How did you get ARP main studs? They don't even exsist according to ARP
              '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

Comment

Joey Got a batch of them from ARP. I believe he still has them in stock. It's not in ARP's catalog anymore, but it seems they'll still provide them to shops ordering batches of them.
                "Skrink" 2000 Contour SE Sport w/ Port-mis-matched 3L, Modded - "Totaled" ...by a dent. :(
                "Skrod" 1999 Contour SVT #811 1/12/99 Forged 3.0T - Under the knife
                "Gidget" 2004 VW GTI 1.8T - Wife's DD
                "Charlotte" 1982 Alfa Romeo Spider - Wife's (In Storage)

Comment

What!!!!! Those lying sacks of ****
                  '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

Comment

Originally posted by andygtt View Post
                    I use clevite bearings and ARP studs and bolts.

I use Arrow forged rods, good for 3 times what you plan to run power wise and I rev the engine to 8000rpm... I have seen the xpower ones and the guy is pretty local to me but not seen them yet so can't comment if they are up to the job.
                    What a people using for Main and Big end bearings, I have a set of Clevite "A" bearings been told that the tri metal "P" bearings are obsolete

Looked at King bearings but they don't make a competition bearing for this engine

Andygtt can you tell me what grade of Clevite bearings you use

Comment

Im actually not sure... i have previously run the stock ford bearing so they can't be bad although that was when i only revd to 7000rpm ish... must admit i wasn't aware there was more than 1 grade of clevlite ones available for the engine.

should be an awesome engine once you are done.... how much room do you have under the engine bay? I've just developed this, hope to dyno it over the winter to see hat gains it made on my low boost actuator pressure.

Comment

Andy simple answer is no room in fact we will have to go Promod and come through the bonnet

Going to run shorter trumpets in the final build with one large foam filter to cover all the intakes
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                        X