• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

port matched 3l idle reset ????

You need PRP to mess with the maf transfer table. I would just pay to have it tuned. SCT PRP is awful, and youll spend so much money you could have just paid a bad ass tuner to knock it out.

Messing with ignition timing can make a massive difference in idle vacuum. I adjust my timing till I get as much vacuum as possible, Its seems to give the best idle. My 3.0 oem compression runs 20.

waiting for ebay fuel pressure gauge to turn up , seems like it will be another 2 weeks
the fuel pump maybe a suspect , last night fuelled up from 1/4 tank to a half and seems the tickover could be better

might be worth whipping the fuel pump out and inspecting the filter sock.. Have you replaced the fuel filter since you owned the car ? ...G.

Does anyone have specs for fuel pump pressures at startup. At idle. And when warmed up . Have me pressure gauges now. Just need to know what figures I should be having

I think it may depend on what type of fuel system you have. The return systems are going to be more common on the Contour. My return Cougar runs in the 40-45psi range at pretty much all the time.

Not looking like the fuel pump at idle cold starts of around 40 psi and 45 when up to temperature . Exact same as the cougar I have . Will have to wait until it starts stalling again usually after a drive when the engine bay is hot and test again . Possible breakdown of coil pack ?

Well did look like the pump was ok. But next time it kept stalling at idle. Connected up the gauge and pressure had dropped to 40 psi. Disconnected vacumn hose to regulater and tick over was fine again
So new pump was ordered and fitted and that seems to be the solution

Back