• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 Taurus TB vs SVT TB

Danef150

CEG'er
Hello I remember reading somewhere that these are the same part. Can anyone confirm that they can be swapped without modification? If not what needs to be done to make them work? My 00 CSVT Tb is leaking at the shaft and I would like to purchase a new one to either put new seals in or just to use. Any thoughts?

considering you are running a 3.0L ..... might be worth upgrading to a Mustang/crown vic 65mm TB. There were some port and polished ones on auction sites.

There are also how to threads on the subject ... if you want to get into self modifying. You can use parts from your old TB for the process ....G.

I've thought about it. After the modification to the tb itself what has to be done to the UIM? I'm honestly looking for a direct replacement at the moment if after fixing the 5 other vacuum leaks I have i'm still having trouble.

my SVT upper fitted just fine to my 65mm TB. You will need to make sure the gasket seals properly all round the TB.

I was very pleased with the gains from the TB upgrade ...i think you will too ....G.

No the Taurus throttle is not "bolt on" despite the bolts lining up. The throttle linkage is differant and there is a hole for the IAC, varying in size depending on year. Personally i advise against mustang throttle body.

I kinda answered my own question a few minutes ago. The TB Body itself looks exactly the same from the machined side. However the linkage and tps position is wrong. I was hoping to find a more readily available replacement for my leaky SVT TB. I plan to fix all my other vac leaks before tackling this one it might be minor and not need attention but its deffinitly on my radar.

Personally i advise against mustang throttle body.

Hey beans, what is wrong with the Mustang TB ?

My car has just passed the strict UK emissions test with Flying colors with a 65mm Mustang TB on a 2.5L .... and i mean by a considerable margin below required clean running pollution levels ..... and on a U.S. PCM alien to the car..

I'm not being confrontational. i am genuinely interested in what you found as an issue ....G.

w

N/a i find my car much faster with 60mm. You might get gains at really high rpm But lose everywhere else. Im sure someone can math cfm with it but meh. Now with boost ill probabky go back.

N/a i find my car much faster with 60mm. You might get gains at really high rpm But lose everywhere else. Im sure someone can math cfm with it but meh. Now with boost ill probabky go back.

plans to go boost was why i bought the 65mm .... N/A , i didn't get the the most from the 65mm at high rpm until i installed a walbro and an AFR. ... I don't think the stock fuel pump has the capacity for you to take full advantage of the 65mm.

I think a 3L with a decent fuel supply and good injectors, say 21lb/24lb and you are definately gonna get the gains. Can't stress enough that your lambda/O2 sensors must be working properly.... not a slow switch rate, but a healthy and crisp 1 sec switch back and forth

A good spark is important too ... i put a separate ground from my coil pack straight to my battery and it made a massive difference to the way my car starts ... it jumps into life with the first turn of the key and without touching the throttle .... highly recommended.... G.

I was full bolt ons. New everything including 255lph Stock fuelpump is not coming close to maxing out... I've found it was more than just my car. You lose too much velocity with the big opening. More air does not equal more power.

yeah i remember those discussions about cylinder filling and charge velocity .... still that's not gonna matter when you pump that sucker !!

I can only report what my experience was, that's why i recommend the 65mm. The one i have, i got from that guy that P&P 'd them and put them ebay .Not sure if that is why it works so well.... ...G.

Just to add to this someone on newcougar.org pointed out to me that their are orings on the tb shaft that are probably needing to be replaced. I'm going to start there before I do anything else. Honestly I'm not to concerned about a larger tb I just want my fresh 3.0 to run properly. It runs well but has a funky idle at times.

there was a how to on stripping and rebuilding a TB. You might have to do a bit of searching to find it here or on NECO .....G.

Back