• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

St220 not fitting...

SE7ENTH_SIGN

New CEG'er
I have the st220 intake and some 1/2 inch steal spacers. The intake is still hitting the COP on the back valve cover (2005 engine). Can anyone tell me what am I missing?

Thanx.

You can't run that intake manifold and the 2004+ valve covers with COPS i don't belive

I was under the impression it would clear the COPS with the spacers... (thus the need for the spacers) Is this not correct?

(Untitled)

Tell you what bud. I ran cops on my full 3l for about seven months. And then switched back to the coil pack. There was a major difference in the performance. I didn't have a tune but much happier switching back.

Don't think anyone has done it on those valve covers, i could be wrong.

http://contour.org/ceg-vb/forum/eng...ved-let-the-build-begin?p=1491021#post1491021

I think the only way you could maybe get away with it is if you switched to the plastic valve covers. (i wouldn't)

Beat me to it ;)

So yea spacers are needed to use the updated valve covers, not to use COP's. The updated valve covers provides an improved PCV system which is what I was after. If you want you could switch to the older valve covers and use the COP's with the spacers, but I'd advise against it.

Back