lots of work to do
byon 02-20-2009 at 11:32 AM (1273 Views)
here is the spring time to do list for the SeVT-T
1. I want to pull the turbo again for a few reasons.
2. change alternator as I don't like how the voltage drops over time. going to try the previous one I was using with new brushes as it worked well until the brush wore down. otherwise try to locate another 100% new alternator.
- up-pipe needs to be rewrapped with header wrap. might use the silicone paint this time
- I want to put the 8 lb spring back into the wastegate. currently have a 3# spring
- install the manual remote control for the mbc I have and/or get a two stage controller.
- as a safetly precaution I think I will change the oil drain rubber hose, or replace it with steel braided line( need to find out if that is a good idea being near a heat source).
- install new oil restrictor at the turbo, had my father make a nice machined one
- buy and install proper gaskets for the turbo and wastegate
- repalce bov to get rid of the ty RFL. will either geta standard type H so I don't have to pull piping to fit new bov or I will do that I most likely get a tial bov.
- need to revisit battery relocation and add battery switch or in line fuse since I had issue with the circuit breaker I have.
3. try again to track down my my instrument cluster will cut out.
4. replace vss as wires are fraying alittle and they are to close to the housing to work on. (might be related to #3)
5. in general get some more miles driven on the car so I am comfortable driving it to SZ
6. Install Samco Hoses
7. Need to install new rear brake pads.
8. have to think about new parking brake cables
9. After a few more miles on the NPG brake kit I should pull the rotors and paint the unused rotor surface.
10. install DDM tuning HID kit
11. figure out what wheels are going back on the car and make sure the tires are good on those wheels.