11-18-2006 until 12-24-2033
Classified Rules, READ BEFORE POSTING! - Updated 7.24.2012
FYI: If you do not heed the rules below, you will get an infraction! This is to keep track of repeat offenders!
Effective 24 July, 2012, the classifieds will institute a strict policy when it comes to posting non-
relevant posts in someone's thread. Do it once, you receive a warning, a second time gets you an
infraction. Multiple infractions result in being automatically banned.
We have received many complaints about clutter in the classifieds. People are tired of reading through
a bunch a useless banter and chatting. The classifieds are not a place for talking back and forth, they
are there for people to sell their items or to find an item, period. If you want to "chat" about an item, take it to PM's.
FYI: If you do not heed the rules below, you will get a ONE warning and then an infraction! This is
to keep track of repeat offenders!
Anything "wanted to buy" MUST be labeled with "WTB".
Keep replies on topic of items sold/wanted. Off topic posts will be deleted and the person, warned.
Off topic.. If I were closer, I'd buy it; GLWS; If you decide to ship it, I want it; If you decide to part
it, let me know, I've seen this car in person...etc. If you want the seller to ship, take it to PM's and the same goes for a part out
Post nonsense and you will get ONE warning, do it again, an infraction will be forthcoming. Remember, infractions can result in being banned.
After an agreement has been made: all shipping talk should be via PM as well. You may post that you
will, for example, ship via USPS in your original post. If the buyer would like UPS... that goes in a PM, not in the thread.
You may ask: Will this fit my SE?; Is that a broken tab?; How many miles?. Legitimate questions! The seller may answer
those questions. We don't need 5 people answering the question.
Do NOT post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour,
let them try. These comments will be deleted. Take it to PMs please! Users that do not follow these
rules will get ONE warning before an infraction is given.
You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds. This isn't anything that a moderator
or Administrator can over-ride, so don't bother asking (see bottom).
Please keep non-Contour parts in the "Misc" section.
If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
Do not cross post your item in multiple areas. Cross posts will be deleted and the user
will receive an infraction.
Bumping is getting out of hand!! Therefore if you bump before the two week period (14 days,) the bump will be deleted, and you will get a warning.
Do it a second time, your thread will be deleted and you will get an infraction.
Information updates, price changes, etc. are allowed.
*Information updates/price changes DO NOT include: "still have this", "Price is the same, not
*What they DO include: Information.. I dropped the headlight and it now has a broken tab. If you have multiple
items, for example: 4 IMRC covers... you may post that you now have 3 left.
*Price dropped from $125. to $100.
If you aren't going any lower on the price, say so by updating your original post. Stating in a new post that
you won't lower the price is not a reason to bump your thread.
After two weeks, you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. There is no need for nonsense to be posted
during a bump. Remember, Two Weeks = 14 DAYS.
***Any transactions you complete here are at your own risk. CEG is in no way responsible.***
You must notify a mod, either through a post or PM, if your item is sold/found so we may lock
the thread. This helps everyone know what items are no longer available. A thread will be locked only
by request of the original poster. Random requests to lock a thread because you "have money in hand" will be ignored.
"To the top" posts do not count as being active.
From now on, classified ads need to include a price, location, and need to be actual FS or WTB
ads, not "feelers" or attempts at auctions. If you do not have a proper (i.e. city and state) location in
your profile, you must add it to every classifieds post you make. Prices need to be reasonable; don't
put down $1 million to meet the rule.
You may only post eBay auctions if they are YOURS and list price, location, etc. Posting just a link
to the auction will be deleted. This also applies to Craigslist ads, etc. Do not post "in case anyone was
looking for" eBay/CL auctions/ads. Those posts will be deleted.
** If you see a problem with a post or person, notify a mod either through the "notify mod" button
or send a quick PM.
Any threads that do not follow all the above rules will be deleted. If your thread is deleted, do not
start another one unless you include the required information and are willing to adhere to the rules.
The forum has been having problems allowing certain users to post once they reach 60 days. If you
can't post, try clearing your cookies. If that doesn't work, PM one of the classifieds mods.
2010 Subaru Forester
'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
09-23-2006 until 01-02-2021
Forum Posting Rules Updated 4-26-13
FORUM GUIDELINES AND USER AGREEMENT
1 The act or solicitation of exchanging copyrighted digital media, in any means, will not be tolerated on this website. Any related posts will be removed and the authors warned or penalized.
2. This is not a porn or sex forum. Any topics that remotely relate will be deleted. Posting photos of barely clothed men and women is not permitted. There are those who could be fired from their job if a coworker/boss saw such photos onscreen. This can happen accidentally and unintentionally if the reader is unsuspecting. All topics with such pictures will be deleted and the poster will be warned. Further abuses will be met harshly.
3. Street racing posts are not permitted. Street racing is illegal and stupid and contour.org does not condone it. All street racing topics posted will be deleted and the author warned. Repeated abuses will be met harshly.
4. Posts containing vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature will be deleted and actions may be taken against the originator. Attempts to defeat the built-in censor will be met harshly.
5. This is not a singles bar. This is a car forum, keep your matchmaking elsewhere.
6. This is not a "free speech" site, so to speak, though you may say whatever you wish as long as it doesn't violate forum guidelines. The admins have final say on forum rules.
7. This is the internet -- don't be a wuss and get all bent out of shape if someone else doesn't agree with you. This is how flame wars start.
8. If you have a problem with someone on the forums, please do not air it publicly. Take it off line via email, PM.s (personal message) or IM.
9. Do not start or continue personal flaming. Posters initiating flaming will be met harshly, you have been warned.
10. "In B4 Da lock" posts are really lame and waste bandwidth. Do not consider making one. You won't like the consequences if you do.
11. Posting just to raise your post count (aka post whoring) will not be tolerated in any form. If an admin deems you are abusing your account in this manner, your post count will be zeroed and you will lose posting privileges for a period, and permanently if it is not the first time.
12. Putting pictures in your signature is not allowed. It causes too much clutter and can destroy the layout of the forums. Create a car profile in the registry and put a link to it in your signature.
13. For sale/wanted ads are not allowed in the forums. This is what the classifieds section is for. There is a link to the classifieds in the menu bar.
14. Posting pictures or videos of any tach/speedometer at speed on public roads is not allowed. That is dangerous and encourages similar behavior. It does not matter if it was taken at a track or any other place where such speeds are "safe", there is no way to tell that it was not taken elsewhere. In-car track video is allowed as long as it was taken with a stationary camera mount/rig (with pics to show) and not by the driver or a passenger during the track session.
Similarly, posting about your high-speed escapades on public roads is forbidden.
15. Although you may think your personal life is interesting, please don't post the intimate details. This isn't a forum for outlining the saga of your life.
16. Registering more than one account is not allowed and is grounds for being banned from the site. If you are an old member of the old forums contact the sites admins prior to re-registering so that your old account may be recreated for the new current forum.
17. If a particular subject/link is not appropriate for viewing at work, DO NOT post it.
HINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
1. Research the accumulated knowledge of the group whenever possible (i.e. SEARCH the forums and archives and look at the FAQ.s) before asking an obviously common question. If someone is asking a FAQ, politely remind them of the search feature or point out the thread in question.
2. If you see a post that should be locked, alert an admin or moderator that it needs to be locked via the .notify moderator. button at the bottom of their post. The administrators and moderators cannot catch every single abuse or violation of the rules -- notify them!
3. Please do not contact the Admins, Moderators or Owners asking questions about your car or parts/kits available for the Contour/Mystique. That is what the forums and the archives are for.
4. Donations are greatly appreciated to further the site, but only under the assumption that the site owner(s) continues to call the shots personally, and owes no-one any favors for said donations to the site.
5. If you lose your password, do not email the Admins\Moderators or Owners asking for it. There is a link in the log in section that will email you a temporary password if you have forgotten it. Change your permanent password in the My Home area once you are logged in; the temporary password only works once.
6. Please make sure you type your email address correctly when registering. If you do not, you will not receive your password or pm notifications.
7. If you do not know what you are talking about on a technical matter, do not offer your opinion as fact, please identify it as your opinion. This is for the benefit of those less technically savvy that cannot filter out the junk. (i.e., "I installed a K&N air filter, and I gained 45hp at the wheels!")
8. In a technical debate, please back your stuff up with actual technical information and not just with personal flames and statements like "my car never exploded, so it must gain me 45hp at the wheels"
9. Zaino isn't magic, but it's easy to use, and gives a good shine if used properly.
10. Meguiar's isn't magic either, but also gives a good shine if used properly.
COMMENTS BY USERS ARE NOT ENDORSED BY CONTOUR.ORG:
Contour.Org does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on bulletin boards or otherwise contained in the Service. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the statements, and does not necessarily represent the views of Contour.Org.
MATERIALS POSTED BY OTHERS:
You agree that Contour.Org and its third part service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify Contour.Org and its affiliates, employees, agents and representatives, and to hold them harmless, from any and all claims and liabilities (including attorneys fees) which may arise from your submissions, from your unauthorized use of material obtained through the Service, or from your breach of this Agreement, or from any such acts through your use of the Service.
EDITING AND DELETIONS:
The Service Provider reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move, or delete any material provided for display or placed on the Service or its bulletin boards, in its sole discretion, without notice.
Service Provider reserves the right to post, from time to time, additional rules of usage that apply to specific parts of the Service, Such additional rules will be posted in the relevant parts of the Service, and will be clearly identified. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your agreement to comply with these additional rules.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND THE SERVICE PROVIDER AND ITS AFFILIATES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN OR PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE. SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED INFORMATION, OR THAT NO VIRUSES WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON THE SERVICE. CONTOUR.ORG, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PROVIDING OF SERVICES HEREUNDER, THE SALE OR PURCHASE OF ANY GOODS OR MERCHANDISE, YOUR ACCESS TO OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SERVICE, INCLUDING FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE, YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE CONTOUR.ORG, ITS AFFILIATES AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED ("CLAIMS"), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR".
TERMINATION OF ACCESS TO THE SERVICE:
Contour.Org has the right to terminate your ability to access the Service, for any reason, without notice.